TAO-Pilipinas is an independent, non-profit, non-government organization. The organization’s resource center facilities, which include the Library, have the primary purpose of supporting TAO-Pilipinas programs’ educational and research needs.
The TAO-Pilipinas Resource Center and Library aims to serve the local community, the country, and the world through the use of library facilities, particularly when there is a compelling need or interest that can be met without detriment to the organization’s primary purpose.
Access to and use of the TAO Resource Center and Library is a privilege extended primarily to the TAO staff, partner organizations and communities as well as volunteer students, and other housing practitioners in the network. Access to TAO-Pilipinas Library facilities, services, and resources by others is normally limited to meeting a specific need for the scholarly, research, or educational materials and services available in the TAO-Pilipinas libraries.
The following principles guide service provision to all users of the TAO Library:
Priority – Current TAO-Pilipinas staff have priority access to physical, electronic, and staff resources.
Expectations – Library users and staff will:
- Treat each other with respect and consideration
- Respect private and institute property
- Feel safe as they work and study
- Library users will comply with library policies and with requests made by library staff
Behavior – Library users are expected to refrain from:
- Behaviors that threaten personal safety or the security of personal or the organization’s property
- Behaviors that disrupt the activities of other library users or staff; including but not limited to excessive noise, cell phones, music, hostility, rudeness, consumption of food and drink, etc.
- Excessive or inappropriate use of library resources; including books, journals, databases, seating space, study rooms, networks, computers, etc.
- The TAO-Pilipinas Library network may not be used for personal gain or to conduct commerce. Compliance with TAO-Pilipinas rules and guidelines is required.